As we are entering a new era and the demand for changing business practices has emerged, we here at Silver Sage Winery have put together the following plan to ensure a safe work place for both staff and customers. Below is a list of the steps that will be taken to help us maintain a safe environment for all.
As of May 19, 2020 we will be following the guidelines stated by Provincial Health Officer and Work Safe BC. In order to reduce the risk of infection and to minimize the exposure to COVID 19 for whoever enters our facilities all employees and customers are required to follow the procedures outlined in this plan.
- Customers will be required to maintain a distance of 2M from one another, unless they are in the same party.
- When using chairs, they will be placed 2M apart unless they are being used by people in the same group.
- The washrooms have single use signage posted outside the door.
- For tasting at the bar, signage is provided to maintain a 2M distance between parties.
- Tasting Notes will be laminated and placed on bar, they will be sanitized after each tasting session, as well as printed copies being provided for those wishing to take a copy home.
- Sanitation Station, including hand sanitizer and wipes, will be available on site. (at bar and till)
- We will not be serving cheese and pretzels during the tasting
- The glasses are sanitized through dishwasher after each use.
- The Moneris devices will be covered in plastic and customers will be encouraged to use their card’s tap feature for purchases.
- The Tasting Room will be open 10am – 5 pm to allow staff time to wash and sanitize the tasting room and other public areas.
- After each group, we will be sanitizing the chairs and door handles.
- Garbage cans are available outside and they are open design and cleaned daily.
- Hand washing posters are posted in each washroom.
- Occupancy and Virus Prevention poster posted on front door.
- Currently there will be a 10 person occupancy limit. For groups larger than this, please call in advance to make arrangements.
- Gloves and face masks are available for staff upon customer request.
- At this time customers are encouraged to leave children and pets at home, if this is not possible children can play outside supervised by a guardian or adult.Pets can be placed in the designated pet area and properly leashed.
- We encourage customers to wash their hands before and after visiting our tasting room, as well as practicing social distancing while enjoying our grounds as well as when entering and exiting our facilities.
- We are open to the public online 24 hours a day. Curbside delivery available as well as free delivery throughout Canada.
These measures are being implemented to help keep everyone safe and as new information is available we will be updating them as is necessary.